Friday, October 28, 2011

Rekindling the flame

Midterms kicked my butt.  Not in the oh-man-I-totally-bombed-them, but I've-been-studying-so-hard-my-brain-is-going-to-explode.

Luckily it didn't.  And luckily, I survived last week.  I thought it would be fast since I had three midterms back-to-back.  It wasn't. 

But it's over.

Last week was horrible for writing, though.  I was uber focused on midterms and I looked at writing - for the first time in a while - as a job.  I didn't do any this week.  Yesterday was a day I still had to go to school despite being completely burned out in order to start the learning process in preparation for finals all over again.

But I started writing again.  And it was like a breath of fresh air.

Tonight, my friend and I are going to Disneyland for Mickey's Haunted Halloween Party.  It's been planned since the beginning of October, like a present for suffering through midterms.  I'm really, really excited.

And the cherry on top?  The Ducks broke a 3-game losing streak last night, beating Minnesota 3 to 2.

No comments:

Post a Comment