Monday, September 8, 2014

On procrastinating the writing part

Can I tell you guys a secret?

I haven't written in a long time.

I've been on a roll, publishing material I wrote a few years ago. I've been on a roll editing and coming up with cover designs with my amazing designer, Katya.

But I've been procrastinating with my writing.

And I know you're all waiting for the conclusion of The Dark Paradise trilogy, you're waiting to see what happens in Stranger, Book 2, and you want some new material along with edited updates of the old material.

I get it.

I realize that looking at writing as a business without adding the creative passion makes it hard to be creative and passionate, even about releasing old favorites.

So I started writing today. I'm a little over one-third finished with Sacrifice. My intention is to finish a first draft by October.

And with Stranger, Book 2? My intention is to finish an outline by the end if this month.

Also, look for the start of a new series next month, along with a release of a favorite from Fictionpress.

I have a plan, but without writing, it doesn't feel right. 

I know, however, that by writing every day - even if I don't feel creative, even if the writing is forced - my juices will flow and it'll become as easy as it was a few years ago.

No more excuses. No more procrastinating.

I'm supposed to give birth in early November so I need to get it together if I ever want it to really progress.

And if I ever want to get more successful, I need to progress. Which I will. Because I absolutely have to succeed. There is no other way.

No comments:

Post a Comment