Thursday, September 18, 2014

Just write

I've been writing a lot. By hand. It's how I've written all of The Dark Paradise books.

The craziest part is, usually I get a better feeling - as though creativity is surging through me, and by extension, my writing utensil - of the rush I get from writing with a pen. But for whatever reason, when I've been writing Sacrifice, the words come easier with a pencil.

I don't really question it. You can't question the little things you do for writing, to get past writing blocks, to make the words come faster and prettier and easier. You do what you have to do to write.

So, I guess that's my advice about writing. Don't think about it. Don't worry about it. Just write. Just get the words down. Even if it's forced. Even if the words don't sound right and it doesn't feel natural. Just write. Whether that's with a computer, with a phone (like with the first half of Catalyst) or with a pen or pencil. Just write.

I promise when you finish your word count goal for the day, you'll feel so satisfied. So complete. So accomplished. And honestly, it's one of the best feelings in the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment