Saturday, November 19, 2011

Quick update

Um, hi.

I'm sorry I've been AWOL lately.  My mother and I have both experienced unrelated, non-life threatening medical emergencies which have rendered me pretty much without a social life (and missing one hockey game) more so than usual and running around doing everything since my mother couldn't.  My poor car, unused to this new strain, died so it's being towed to my auto shop today.

This, of course, has resulted me in missing more classes than I would have liked (though, realistically speaking, I don't like to miss class at all).

Which has subsequently resulted in me dropping out of NanoWriMo.  Inspiration has run dry, as Natalie Imbruglia, would sing and I simply don't have the time.  However, hope is not lost: once I finish with finals, I plan to use my three-ish weeks of winter break to make up for it.

Speaking of which, I registered for classes next quarter: 4 classes back-to-back, on Tuesdays and Thursdays.  I've never crammed all my classes on two days a week before, but since I refuse to take night classes, that's how it ended up.  We'll see what happens...

Yesterday night, Jeshicka and I went to my hockey charity event.  It was fun but not what I expected.  I met a lot of the players - all of whom were extraordinary - and we had a fun night.  And no, I didn't even have to use any of my pre-planned conversations.

Today is my mother's birthday.  Me and my brother got her some spa gift certificates - which she needs and totally deserves - and a card.

Finally, the Ducks have only won 2 out of their last 14 games.  It totally bums me out because I know they're better than this, but I have faith that they'll pull through.  Somehow they always do. 

No comments:

Post a Comment