Friday, January 1, 2010

Mind, Body, and Soul: 8 2010 Resolutions

For whatever reason, I have this feeling that 2010 is going to be nothing short of extraordinary - even life-changing - for myself.  Because, numerologically speaking, it is my 8 year, I have made up eight New Year's Resolutions for this year that will benefit my mind, my body, and my spirit.

1)  Read all of Jane Austen's work, as well as the complete collection of Sherlock Holmes.
I have read Pride and Prejudice, Sense & Sensibility, and finished Emma today so I have four more stories to go where Miss Austen is concerned, and have started A Study in Scarlet with Mr. Holmes.

2)  Work-out - in some way - twice a week.
Not to lose weight, but to tone up.  Plus, exercise gives you endorphins, endorphins make you happy, and happy people don't shoot their husbands.  They just don't.

3)  Maintain my 4.0 GPA.
Kind of self-explanatory...

4)  Finish the five stories I have finished/planned.
If I can write 14 in a year, 5 is no big deal.

5)  Write and send in 1 10,000 - 15,000 word story.
Just for the experience, just to be able to say that I can.  And who knows what'll happen once I take a chance? 

6)  Write poems so my total is 300.
I think this won't be too bad.  I love writing poetry, and 89 won't be too many compared to last year's resolution.

7)  Every night, before going to bed, think about absolutely nothing.
Because I am a being that thinks about things all the time.  This will humble and relax myself, and maybe my being will be more content and calm with life.

8)  Really trust my intuition.
Because it's always write, and it's a part of myself.  And it always works in my favor and wants to help me.  If not me, then who am I to trust?

Eight seems like a big number, but I think I'll be able to accomplish them because they're things that are good for me, and they're things that I want to do.  :)  So happy New Year's all.  And happy New Decade.  A new beginning, far from any sort of ending.

No comments:

Post a Comment