Thursday, August 29, 2013

The concept of friends

Something very important happened last night.  I can't reveal anything until Tuesday, but my friends noticed something, I told them what was happening, and they jumped into action, planning a last-minute party.

We went to Disneyland, danced at the Mad Tea Party, went on a couple of rides, and got some ice cream.

Listen, I'm not a big deal.  I promise.  But time is a very important to me, so if I make time for you, you're special to me.  My two best friends are the only people outside my family (and I include my boyfriend in that) that I seek to spend time with.  Yes, they're my best friends (Well, my boyfriend is my bestest friend, but my girls are my girls.).

And it's important to have best friends.  Because, to me, best friends are like boyfriends: you trust them, you share intimate parts of you, you hang out for long periods of time.  My friends are the best, and I appreciate them more than I can put into words.

I don't have a lot of friends.  My circle is relatively small.  But the ones I've surrounded myself are stellar, and they inspire me to be a better person, just like my boyfriend.  And I've never been a better person than I am today.

No comments:

Post a Comment