Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Running dry

So, as I mentioned a couple of days ago, I finished my second manuscript on Sunday.  After a I finish something as massive as a manuscript, I tend to give myself a couple of weeks off to relax, take a break, and start over again with something new.  However, that doesn't mean I don't think about the next story and normally, I tend to outline during this time too.

Except, the story that I planned to outline just won't come to me.  I have the first six chapters covered, but then I'm stuck.  Of course, I have a feeling it might have to do with the fact that this is supposed to be a trilogy and perhaps the story is to narrow to span three books.  I want to add a third heroine too, but I'm still trying to fine-tune the details.  I'm hitting a wall right now, and I don't like it.  I'm going through what Natalie Imbruglia sings in her wonderful song "Torn": My inspiration has run dry... for this story, for now.

I still have a couple of weeks before I need to start writing again.  And, as someone who doesn't necessarily believe in writer's block, I have faith that my heroines' story - all three of them - will find me.  Soon.

It's just difficult when the story plays out in your head but the words won't come.

No comments:

Post a Comment