Friday, May 25, 2012

International study

So this summer, I'm studying at Cambridge.  Cambridge.  In England.

I've never been out of North America before, and to say that I'm excited would be a thorough understatement.  I remember when I was in middle school and watched the second Harry Potter movie multiple times in theatres because I had the biggest crush on Tom Felton.  I wanted nothing more than to go to a boarding school in England.  Being the nerd I am, I actually researched boarding schools, made a pro-and-con list, came up with a packing list and presented it to my grandfather.  He listened to me and told me he would think about it.  (One of the best thing about my grandfather is he was never condescending and took me seriously, even when I was a kid.)  Obviously, that didn't happen but before he passed away, he promised once he got out of the hospital, me and him would travel all over the world.

Sadly, that never happened.

But this is happening. 

I leave in less than a month.

Sometimes, life doesn't work out the way you expect it to.  Sometimes, you get what you want in a different way when the time is right.

I am so grateful to explore England, Scotland, Ireland and Paris.  I am so excited to study at an amazing, historical, wonderful, timeless university.  I hope I represent the United States, California, my university, and me in the best, classiest way.

Most importantly, me and Papa will take our trip together.  It might not be the way we planned, but it's happening.  And this way, he'll be with me always.  

No comments:

Post a Comment