Friday, September 7, 2012

Taking a break

No, not from the blog.

From writing.

You know when you're in a long-term relationship and while you love the person you're with, the spark has just, well, fizzled?  And you know that this person is The One, the person you want to spend the rest of your life with, but if you force yourself to stay, you'll grow to resent them and it won't be as good unless you take a step back and... breathe?

It's okay to do this.  You've made a commitment, yes, but no one can force you to stay with someone if it's gotten stagnant.

I know you have to work hard and make things work as a couple.  But sometimes you just need to take a break.

So that's what I'm going to do.

I'm not sure if it's my job.  I'm not sure if it's because I'm about to start my senior year of college this year.  I'm not sure if it's because I have a thing for a guy, and a lot of times, when I like someone, it's more exciting than writing about love, about something that's not real.  But something is wrong here, and the last couple of days, as I've written, the spark just wasn't there.

So my week is going to mine - for working and reading and doing school work.  My weekends will be dedicated to my social life and my writing.  Yes, it'll take longer to finish, but I'm certain my writing will be better for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment