Friday, January 13, 2012

Luck

The Ducks went streaking, my friends, winning three games (at home) in a row.  And then, last night (my grandfather's would-be birthday), they tied it up 0-0 and lost in overtime.  However, I'm not too worried.  Why, you may ask?  Because if you watched the game, you saw that they played really, really well.  Which gives me hope.

But Heather, you say, today is Friday, the Thirteenth.  Aren't you worried about that?

Pshh, no.

Friday the Thirteenth has been especially lucky in my family and I have no problem transferring my luck to my team for tonight's game.

Some great news for the Ducks, though?  Corey Perry was named to the AllStar Game.  Um, as if there was any doubt.  But congrats to Corey, who definitely deserves the honor.

Some big news in terms of writing: I've chopped Stranger in the Mirror in half.  Like, I cut out two main characters and their storylines and made them secondary characters.  You might think I'd be upset at all the time and effort I put into writing - by hand! - their stories only to end up having them cut up.

You'd be wrong.

I decided it because with four characters, there was too much going on.  As much as I love Brielle and Elle, I was doing a disservice to the story by writing their stories in conjunction with Sophie and Jane's, when the latter plotline is the most important.  Even my writing reflected that my passion favored the first two compared to the second group.

And, when I did it, it felt right.

Of course, there will be much more editing to make sure everything flows better, much more work, but I k.now that it will be worth it

You guys, I am so excited about this book.  I can't wait to share it with you.  And these changes, no matter how drastic, will make it even better.  I promise.

No comments:

Post a Comment