Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Because it's the Cup

If you've been following my blog for a while, you're probably aware that I'm an avid hockey fan and an even more avid Anaheim Ducks fan.  If you've been paying attention at all to what's been going on with the Stanley Cup playoffs, you're also probably aware that the Los Angeles Kings, the Ducks biggest rival (I'd say the Kings surpass the Sharks now) won the Cup yesterday against New Jersey in Game 6.

I'm not going to bash the Kings.

I'm not going to say anything, really, except congratulations to real Los Angeles fans.  We had our time and now it's your time.  Revel in it.  Please don't riot (although I'm sure people already have.)  Winning the Cup is a huge accomplishment.  Bandwagoners, we'll see where you are next season.  This is a HUGE win for hockey in California and the West.

Just remember that the Ducks did it first and we did it in 14 years, not 45.

No comments:

Post a Comment