Monday, August 6, 2012

Music Monday: Overexposed Edition

I recently bought Maroon 5's new album, Overexposed.  I know the critics are mixed, but I actually really love it.  I love Adam Levine's voice and the lyrics can be both sweet, clever, and endearing with a hint of sexy thrown in just to mix it up.  Not all songs on the album are great, but the majority of them are.  Below, I've listed my top three as well as some honorable mentions.

1.        Wipe Your Eyes  It's one of the sappy songs, but it's catchy and I adore the line: At night before you fall asleep I run my thumb across your cheek...

2.       One More Night  Another catchy one, but more uptempo than the first one.  Definitely something that stays stuck in your head and makes you want to dance, even without the song actually playing.

3.       Love Somebody  I like the meaning of the song - everyone just wants to love somebody.  And I definitely relate to the line: If I fall for you, I'll never recover.  If I fall for you, I'll never be the same.  It manages to capture the feeling of stepping off a cliff but before the actual fall. 



Honorable Mentions:  Payphone, Daylight, Fortune Teller

No comments:

Post a Comment